General Liability Insurance
What is Business General Liability Insurance?
General liability (GL) insurance provides essential protection for your business. Also known as Business Liability Insurance
or Commercial General Liability (CGL)
, this insurance protects the business against injury or property damage to others as a result of your business operations.
A General Liability policy can cover:
- Property Damage: Damage to property that you are legally liable for (eg. rented property)
- Bodily Injury: Injuries to persons to whom you are legally liable
- Medical Payments: Bodily injury occurring during the course business operations
- Defense Costs: Lawsuits against your company, regardless of fault
- Personal and Advertising Injury: Claims of libel and slander that are not part of your professional services
You can never be too careful!
When it comes to your business, it doesn't matter how careful you are, someone can bring a suit against you for matters relating to your company's operations, and you could be found legally liable or negligent. Having the proper insurance coverage is critical to protecting your business.